Mumbai terror attacks – the men industry lost
The unprecedented scale of the terror attacks on Mumbai caught several people completely unawares. As news about the deaths of top police officials came in, it also came to light that several top businessmen, both Indian and foreign, who were either staying at the Taj / Trident or had visited these hotels for a quiet meal with their families, friends or associates were no more.
Some of these businessmen were:
- Ashok Kapur, non-executive Chairman and promoter, Yes Bank
- Andreas Liveras, cruise ship tycoon, one of Britain’s most successful entrepreneurs
- Ajit Chhabria, Hotelier
- Sunil Parekh, associated with the shipping industry
- Pankaj Shah, owner of the real-estate company, the Satellite Group
- Kanubhai Patel, head of Bipico Industries
- Anand Bhatt, trustee of CRY
Some of them had gone to dine at the Taj, and some at the Oberoi, where they were killed during the shootout in the restaurants, never having a chance of surviving such a deadly attack. Will add to this list as I get more info.